The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Ohio

5 posters

Go down

Hi from Ohio Empty Hi from Ohio

Post by angela316 Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Hi all! My name is Angie I had a mousie my first name sparkles until a month ago he passed away he was over 2 years old. after he passed I decided to rescue a couple feeder mice and brought them home
here are their pics
Hi from Ohio 539571_4675849169454_697803909_n

I believe they are male and female was hoping for two females but I think the black and white one is male so we named them sonic and Amy. Now I realize the breeder police may get mad at me, but I tried to separate them but they were not happy and kinda freaked out. they snuggle together and she likes to fix his bedding for him so I connected the two cages with tubing and they seem happier that way. I am prepared to take care of babies if need be I do have an extra cages...little sparkles had a mousie castle...lol and I know I can find homes for babies even though I know they have lots.
so anyway that is my story and my new furbabies. Oh and I noticed the notch in the ear, not exactly sure what that is for, I know breeders do that for many different reasons or so I read
nice to meet you all!!

angela316
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Hi from Ohio Empty Re: Hi from Ohio

Post by candycorn Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Welcome...we won't be breeder police...but I would like to educate you a little.

If you really have a male and female, then Amy will give birth every 21 days. She will have an average of 10 to 15 babies each time. Each of those babies will be able to give birth again in 30 days. So yeah...you get the idea. Not only will you be buried in mice that are actually hard to rehome as anything but feeders...but if she continues to give birth over and over, she will grow weak and die. It is very unhealthy.

Soooo if you are not 100% sure you have a male and female, you can post pictures and we will help you tell.
Then give him his own cage (male roommates are a no go) and lots of fun toys and nesting materials and he will be happy as a lark.
Then get her a couple of female friends and she will be happy as a lark.
No breeders notch a mouse's ears. And if they came from a pet store...they did not come from a legit breeder anyway. The notch is probably from an injury that has healed.

Feel free to ask questions and please don't feel afraid we will chew your headoff....just friendly advice to make your mouse owning experience the best it can be!
candycorn
candycorn
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by angela316 Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:44 pm

well I previously wrote if she did become preg I would separate them from then on, I know they will keep having babes and that it isn't good for her, but I must have deleted that during a preview and edit mishap Happy

angela316
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by royal mouse Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Welcome Ohio, I'm new to the site as well but have had mice off and on all my life. My two pet store mice look exactly like yours, I will try to get all of my new mice from a breeder, hopefully from candycorn.

royal mouse
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie's Mice Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 pm

Welcome to TMC! I love the pictures of your mice they are so pretty.
Trixie's Mice
Trixie's Mice
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mouselover01 Thu May 09, 2013 11:01 am

Welcome welcome!!
Looking forward to seeing pics!! Happy

You could probably keep female babies from your girls litter so that she'd have cage-mates.

I believe mice can get pregnant the day they give birth so keep that in mind Happy
mouselover01
mouselover01
Co-founder / Admin
Co-founder / Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum