The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions from a first-timer

+9
LittleSniffs
doganddisc
m137b
tinyhartmouseries
kawmice
Laigaie
lunalady
WindyHill
seafolly
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Questions from a first-timer - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions from a first-timer

Post by Rhasputin Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 am

Yes. You just put them on a surface (hard surfaces are better, but pinky mice are so delicate, that even the softest surfaces work) poise your finger for a flick, build up a little potential energy, and pop them on top of the head. There is not a specific place you have to hit, just as long as it's the skull, your finger should be large enough to completely smash it. Sometimes I do 2 quick flicks, not because I think I need them really, it just makes me feel better knowing that I definitely killed it.
Rhasputin
Rhasputin
Adult
Adult

Back to top Go down

Post by thewesterngate Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:55 pm

This is a great thread, very informative and everyone's understanding and acceptance blows me away. On the ball python forum, one would get blasted for freezing..even though it makes sense. I hate people that are so quick to judge!

I think about humans and how, when they freeze to death, they eventually just go to sleep. Why would it be more painful for a delicate pinky with no thermoregulation?
thewesterngate
thewesterngate
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/PoeM-Reptiles/118568558264968

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:22 am

Many different breeders have different methods, as you have seen here. Some may have bad experiences with one method while another breeder only uses the same method with great success. That is why these discussions are so varied, but good for everyone. There is no right or wrong way to cull. There are however, things we all do agree on.

One must have an open mind and be willing to accept others opinions and methods. I myself have incorporated others' methods into my mousery simply because they were better them my own current methods. lol
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:12 am

Think not that you are playing God, but that you are a force of Nature. Half of a mouse's litter does not survive in the wild. You are wind. You are ice. You are a rat or a bird. You are water up the nose. Mice are not designed to bring up more than seven healthy babies. More than that and the mother is over-used and the babies malnourished.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2