The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lone Male Mouse

2 posters

Go down

The Lone Male Mouse Empty The Lone Male Mouse

Post by jturner Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:12 pm

I have been reading conflicting views about having a single male mouse. One view is that a single mouse is doomed to be miserable, period. The other view is that a single buck will be content as long as he gets plenty of human interaction and an enriched environment. I've only had my buck for a few weeks, but he plays with his toys, wakes up and comes over to us when we approach his cage, will climb on my hand, take Cheerios from my hand, and sit on my shoulder. Is he happy? I'm going to try the pinata idea from this forum; I forgot who suggested it. Any other suggestions for improving his social life?
jturner
jturner
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

The Lone Male Mouse Empty Re: The Lone Male Mouse

Post by doganddisc Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:12 pm

The conflicting reviews are wrong- male mice will fight if you put them in with another male mouse, so they are much better off alone.

I personally keep African Soft Fur Rats (ones who have been selectively bred for friendliness, by Rhasputin) with my males. Happy

Your boy is fine alone though. As long as you are interacting with him regularly, he shouldn't get lonely. Males tend to bond more to their humans because they don't have the company of another mouse.
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jturner Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:39 am

Thanks for the reassurance. He seems to be pretty cheerful.
jturner
jturner
Pinky
Pinky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down