The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you identify this color? *update*

+3
Mrs. Beach
candycorn
madmouse
7 posters

Go down

Can you identify this color? *update* Empty Can you identify this color? *update*

Post by madmouse Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Can anyone please tell me what color this little lady is? Her mother is a very pale tannish color with pink eyes and her father a black self. Both parents carried blue (which I think is what she is). In the pedigrees of both the mother and father there is cch, ce, and c. The baby has dark eyes, not pink. Her siblings include two blacks, two light browns (what I believe to be "light mock chocolate" a/a cch/c) and then this girl. What would you call this? What might her genetics be?

Can you identify this color? *update* Percoc10

She's darkened up a bit, looking more gray and she does indeed have black eyes!

Can you identify this color? *update* Percoc11

Last edited by madmouse on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

madmouse
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Can you identify this color? *update* Empty Re: Can you identify this color? *update*

Post by candycorn Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Well...I would guess lilac/light blue if the eyes are truly dark. Otherwise I would have sworn silver!

Last edited by candycorn on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
candycorn
candycorn
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Can you identify this color? *update* Empty Re: Can you identify this color? *update*

Post by Mrs. Beach Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:31 pm

blue dilute
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:46 am

I second blue dilute.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:05 pm

I think her dilutes would be c^ch/c^e, from her hue. a/a c^ch/c^e s/s, from what I can see.

DO YOU HAVE c^ch?????? I AM HURTING FOR c^ch!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by madmouse Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Mrs. Beach wrote:I think her dilutes would be c^ch/c^e, from her hue. a/a c^ch/c^e s/s, from what I can see.

DO YOU HAVE c^ch?????? I AM HURTING FOR c^ch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I have cch- the light mock chocolate brother & sister of this doe. I can send pix if you'd like to verify the color. They will both need homes if you are interested. As for the blue doe in the pic, why do you say she is s/s?

madmouse
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:21 pm

I don't know but it sure is a pretty color. Happy
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:42 pm

madmouse wrote:I'm pretty sure I have cch- the light mock chocolate brother & sister of this doe. I can send pix if you'd like to verify the color. They will both need homes if you are interested. As for the blue doe in the pic, why do you say she is s/s?

Your blue dilute doe is s/s because of the white toes on her right hind foot and also, it looks like, her right forepaw.

Mock chocolate brother and sister? Yes! email me pix!!!!! Perfect! Yes, I am interested in both! Do they carry s or any c-dilutes? (Maybe they have some white toes!) Oh, boy! Now I can move ahead with my Victorian Line! Whoopee! Imperial Brindle Tricolors, here I come!

Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by doganddisc Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:08 pm

[quote="Mrs. Beach"]
madmouse wrote:Whoopee! Imperial Brindle Tricolors, here I come!

I had to laugh. Oh the simple things in life Big smile

Gorgeous babies there!
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 pm

I think it's possible that the unpigmented toes are just a fault, not spotting. How does the end of her tail look? Does it have a light or white tip?
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by madmouse Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm glad you guys brought up the white toes! I was wondering about that myself. All five babies in this litter have white toes as does their dad. But the same dad was bred to a PEW hairless at the same time (the diluted litter was just bred as an experiment/emergency nanny for the hairless). This hr carrier litter has white toes, whole white feet, 1/3 white tail tips, white stripes at the tail tip, and one has a white dot on the belly. Spots or fault? There is some traditional pied in the line.

madmouse
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by m137b Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:33 pm

I agree with tinyhart, white toes or markings on the tail do not mean the mouse is piebald. It doesn't even prove that the mouse carries piebald. It is a very common fault in dark colored mice, and one that is very hard to breed out. If it were due to the piebald gene then it was be much much easier to breed out. If one or both parents have white toes/tail markings then the pups are more likely to have them and have them worse than the parents.

m137b
m137b
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Oh, shoot! Then My Tuxton, who has a white tail tip, isn't necessarily s/s, then! I had been hoping he was. I want tris.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by madmouse Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Mrs. Beach wrote:Oh, shoot! Then My Tuxton, who has a white tail tip, isn't necessarily s/s, then! I had been hoping he was. I want tris.

Maybe I'll be able to help you out in a few months! My next planned litter is a tri doe to a pied buck whose mom was a tri. Keep your fingers crossed!

madmouse
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 am

Yo! And they have c^ch? I have tons of c-dilutes, s/s, Spl/*, and even a few tris around. I need to make c^ch tris. Great if you could help that way.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down