The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furniture Cages

4 posters

Go down

Furniture Cages Empty Furniture Cages

Post by doganddisc Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:35 am

Well the rats gnawed straight through the Super Pet cage in the span of two weeks. Amazon is willing to let me return the cage though!

But now I'm back to square one. I've looked at all the Martin cages and they really are just too expensive. I'm watching Craigslist like a hawk though.

I am wondering about furniture cages though. I've been eying the bookcases on Craigslist as well- does anybody have a bookshelf/cabinet cage? How did you make it? Do you have problems with chewing on the wood?
doganddisc
doganddisc
Adult
Adult

http://www.ctpetsitter.com

Back to top Go down

Furniture Cages Empty Re: Furniture Cages

Post by tinyhartmouseries Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Anything made of wood will get chewed on or eventually be compromised from pee. Sad
There is a weath of products you can use to make a cage at lowes, if you are in a pinch. I know a family that uses chicken wire, cut into squares and fastened for the sides, and a large kitty litter pan for the bottom.

I've used some bird cages with great success, also, a dog carrier can be used in a pinch, plastic for a few days, and metal ones can be covered with mesh to make the openings smaller.
I'm sorry, it sometimes takes ratkeepers years to find a cage they are 100% happy with. Happy Good luck though.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:31 pm

If he's chewed through a cage pan already, kitty litter pans are not gonna happen. Coroplast and wood would be out, too. Basically, he needs an all-metal cage. Just no two ways about that.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Too bad you are not closer. I think I have some spare cages in the basement but they are too big and akward to ship.
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum