The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O

4 posters

Go down

Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Empty Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O

Post by Laigaie Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:46 pm

As some of you heard on the Facebook page for MWM, my recent litter of import cross tans came up mostly splashed. We've got one normal dove tan doe, one champagne tan splashed doe, and two dove splashed does. As a plus, this means mama carries b. As a minus, she's Spl, and now some of my import crosses are, too. :/

All the babies still have lovely orange bellies, so I'm going on the assumption that their splashing will subside with time, and they'll become normally Spl-carrying C mice later. Otherwise, I'll have to figure out how both of these mice were carrying c-dilutes, and which ones.

And onto the mice!

First, the un-splashed dove tan doe, who's definitely staying here, and whose name is Somerset:
Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Dove.face1
Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Dove.bellyImport Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Dove.top2Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Dove.face2

And the splashed champagne tan doe, who's a bit pale in the champagne, but who's staying here. Her name is Caithness:
Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Cham.topImport Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Cham.backsideImport Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Cham.rumpImport Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Cham.face

And now the two splashed dove tan girlies who'll be looking for homes:
Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Splashy.face
Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Splashy.side
Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Splashy.top
Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Splashy2.top
Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Splashy2.above

Those last two does will be coming with me to the winter MWM meetup, in search of a splashed-tan-loving home. I can get photos in which they're more differentiated, but they seem darn near identical to me. The second one (photos only in hand, not in glass) is a little more timid, but that's about it.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Empty Re: Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O

Post by Love2read Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:03 am

How can they be Splash and Tan at the same time?...Splash should dilute the Tan to Fox...

Whatever they are, they sure are cute!
Love2read
Love2read
Hopper
Hopper

http://www.justforfuzzies.com

Back to top Go down

Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O Empty Re: Import Cross Tan Babies SPLASHED O.O

Post by tinyhartmouseries Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:07 am

I am positive now that these are just mice with Spl and no c-dilute to fully express it....
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:49 pm

Love2read, white splashes on tan is what I see in the 2nd pic, around the center of the chest area.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 pm

They are pink-eyed (p/p) tans, which does nothing much to the tan on a British tan, apparently, but they got Spl from their mothers. As babies, they show the splashing, despite not having any c-dilutions.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 am

Also, anybody got a clue when I can expect the splashes to go away if they are p/p C/* Spl/*? I got my litter separation email today, and while the splashes aren't as bright, I'm wondering when they cast out of it.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Honestly, by the time the moult into their adult coats you should be fine. my two does that are like this have no sign on the Spl.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm

Here are their seven week old pictures, where the champagne has lost her splashes (and can now be seen to be self), but the two dove?silver? tans are still a bit splashy. On the other hand, their type is just lovely, and they're growing by leaps and bounds. I am uncertain whether the two splashy ones are dove or silver, as they've darkened up only a little, and even their dark splash sections aren't as dark as their dove sister.

Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down