The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lux's litter

2 posters

Go down

Lux's litter Empty Lux's litter

Post by seafolly Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:14 am

Here's F3! I'm not feeling particularly jazzed after culling four pink eyed boys. I meant to do a heavier cull but was uncertain with how to proceed in terms of keeping the milk production optimal and thinking ahead for homes. PEW is not exactly popular. Satin PEW in person I think are stunning but try advertising those through photos. : P

Lux's litter F3_day10

The two outside mice with black eyes are presumably bone. They're both male. I don't see much of a difference between them but they're 1.5 days in this shot so perhaps it will be clearer tomorrow...? The pink eyed babies are female which is interesting given their size.
seafolly
seafolly
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Lux's litter Empty Re: Lux's litter

Post by Laigaie Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:33 pm

I find that, regardless of gender, my pink-eyed babes are always bigger than their black-eyed siblings, whether they've got pink eyes due to a c-gene or a p-gene. Never known why.

Also, if I remember correctly, I was told that you get maximum milk production per baby at four. Past that and you're reducing milk per baby, and less than that and she's not producing as much.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by seafolly Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:25 pm

Interesting! I remember Sarah on FMB saying she sometimes culls to two with no problems but maybe the does produce enough for two.

They're 15 days old today. The boys have bigger eyes than the PEW that's for sure, though she's still got the best head. We'll see how they develop.

Lux's litter 1nxyci

Lux's litter 6thgnb

Their father/grandfather/great-grandfather looks more bone than they do. o.0 But the litter proportions looked right for ce/c x c/c .
seafolly
seafolly
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down