The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris

+2
Laigaie
Mrs. Beach
6 posters

Go down

Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris Empty Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris

Post by Mrs. Beach Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:25 pm

My Victorian Line, Day 8:
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-8001
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-8003
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-8004
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-8002
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris Empty Re: Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris

Post by Laigaie Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:05 am

Nice gentle colors there. I know the bright ce/ce tris are supposed to be more striking, but these girls are really lovely.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris Empty Re: Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris

Post by Mrs. Beach Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Dad is c^e/c^e and Mom's genotype is unknown, although she looks to be */c^e, so they may be c^e/c^e tris. (I think the brownish one may be c^e/c^h.) Please describe what makes you think that they are not?
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:04 pm

It may be color distortion of the photo, and I may be incorrectly assuming a black base, but ce/ce is normally, well, beige in color for the diluted parts. As tris, ce/ce or even ce/ch will have the normal white spots, but beige body color, and black splash-spots. Agouti would give you a muddier ce/ce beige and agouti instead of black splash-spots. Blue would alter your beige to a color more similar to the center mouse, and chocolate would give you a mouse more like the other splashy mouse. The high-white looks like a black pied to me, which is why I assumed a black color-base for the other two. Then again, the tails look oddly purpley, so now that I think about it, the light may have been rather "cool", sucking the yellowiness from the beige and making it look different. :/

Either way, it was meant to be a compliment. The softer colors look nice, and followed with what I expected from the term "Victorian Line". Big smile
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:40 pm

These are REALLY pretty Ann, I bet you are pleased with them!
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Laigaie, oh, yes! I took it as a compliment! It's just that I'm fascinated with c-dilutes and know a whole bunch, but want to learn a whole bunch more--the refined stuff! I did notice one looked bluer and one looked browner. What you told me is cool! Thanks!

Tiny, I _am_ pleased, although I keep hoping to find a white spot on the bluer one so it can be a tri, too. Day 9 and I'm still waiting to find out! I know you just went through this with your tri litter.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Big smile I've totally been in that looking-for-a-spot place, though I'm usually searching my tans all over trying to make sure they're unspotted!
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:19 pm

They are gorgeous!
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Beautiful Ann!! Congrats!

kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Need to take new pix, but the brownish-looking tri is, I believe, a chocolate tri! Long ago I had wanted to breed them, and now I've gotten a really good one completely by accident. Also, I think there are two small white spots on the blueish-looking tri. Ooooooo!
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by seafolly Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Oh wow, chocolate tri sounds amazing. These babies are so gorgeous.
seafolly
seafolly
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:57 pm

It is! I did not have a good chance at sunlight today, but will try again tomorrow.

I think there are two very tiny white spots on the blueish tri! Woo!

The brownish one is a buck and the two others are does. I bet the high white one x the brownish one would give some really wonderful tris, and a high percentage of them, too! 75% of the litter would be tris.
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:53 pm

Sunshine pix, Day 13. Sorree about the lack of focus! At least you can see their colors plainly. I am trying to figure out their genotypes. I assume the high white one is a c^e/c^e tricolor. The brownish one appears to be a chocolate tricolor...c^e/c^e? And the other one... Read my comments.

Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-13005

Who else sees a spot of orange color at the base of the tail on the bub in the middle?
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-13003
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-13006
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-13005

Assuming the bottom bub is b/b and the middle bub is not, does anyone else see that the dilute color on the left side of the of the middle bub's face matches the dilute color of the bottom bub, but that dilute color on the right side of the middle bub's face [u]is a different color????
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-13002
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-13001

Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:51 pm

OK. Better heads and tails pix:

Heads. What I am observing is that though these two tris seem to have different colors, possibly b/b and d/d or just a/a, they have one dilute shade in common. It is on the head of the blueish mouse. Does anybody else see this? Can anybody explain it to me?
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-15013
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-15014
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-15008
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-15009

I think it is most visible in this pic. Compare the dilute color on the left side of the blueish bub's head with all the dilute colors on the brownish bub.
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-15012

Tails. Does anybody see and orangeish area at the base of the brownish tri's tail? In fact, his brownish spots have a little orange tinge to them. There are no A^vy brindles in the Victorian Line. WHAT IS THIS???
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-15011
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-15005
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-15006

I think it is most visible in this pic:
Sophisticated Lady's Victorian tris SLH-12-15010
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:51 pm

First off, those are really gorgeous.

Second, I think you're looking at two ce/ce tris, where the ce/ce diluted shade isn't all that different between the d/d and the b/b mice. So the main difference in color between the two is the undiluted splashes.

Third, absolutely gorgeous.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:45 pm

[smiling and laughing at your compliments]
Thank you! So you really think one tri is b/b and the other is d/d? The one that's not brownish seems very similar in color to the high white one, which I am pretty sure is just a/a c^e/c^e. What do you think?
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:51 pm

It could be black rather than blue. I can't tell from the photos, to be honest, though it does look rather darker once you're in the outdoors photos.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by kawmice Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:23 am

Beautiful! Congrats!
kawmice
kawmice
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://www.kaworld.net/mousery/mousery.html - UNDER REMODELING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down