The Mouse Connection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here!

+2
thistlebrook
tinyhartmouseries
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here! - Page 2 Empty Re: RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here!

Post by tinyhartmouseries Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:50 pm

I think what I will probably do is bring everyone to the meet and we can play around with them and eval them there.
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here! - Page 2 Empty Re: RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here!

Post by renapopma Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks Emma!

renapopma
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by renapopma Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi there,

I reread all of those postings and I think it will work out
that we all get what we're looking for pretty easily. How
about if you earmark 1-2 tri bucks for me depending on
if you keep one and the pied carrier doe. That seems to
work out well on paper. : )

I may end up asking Rhonda to pick up mice for me at the
meetup so I wanted you to know my picks ahead of time.
Would this wish list work?

Thanks so much!

Rena

renapopma
Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Beach Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:36 pm

What do they look like nowwwwwwwwww?
Mrs. Beach
Mrs. Beach
Show Mouse
Show Mouse

http://mrsbeachsbrindleempire.tripod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:52 pm

They are extremely cute and very active and fat. If they stop wiggling, I will have to get new pics.

The black spotted now has black and agouti spots. Someone tell me how this is possible, I though a black tri had beige dilution and agouti tri had diluted agouti.....
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Laigaie Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:10 am

I don't know of a way to have black and agouti. None of the c-dilutes turn agouti black or black agouti. Some of the c-dilutes turn black chocolate, though, but I know you know the difference. :/ What color dilution the tri has is related to what base color they have, but not always as directly as you've got it listed.

Tris are any combination of c-dilute that presents as non-white+splashed+spotting.

You'll see white from the spotting.
You'll see the nearly-undiluted color from the splashed.
And you'll see the diluted color from whatever combination of c-dilutes are present.

That could be siamese. Or colorpoint beige. Or beige. Or mock chocolate. Or sepia, I guess. Or... yeah. Lots of things. And the base color is (black, agouti, blue) will change how that diluted color looks, since a blue-based siamese looks different even on the body color than a black-based siamese.

So you might have black+beige+white. Or you might have black+off white+white. Or black+sepia+white. Or agouti+mock chocolate agouti+white. Because folks don't normally do much with the weirder combinations of c-dilutes and non-black colors, you don't tend to see these weird dilutions, so they don't generally have names and aren't easily identifiable.

If you knew which c-dilutions the doe might carry, and which the buck has, combining that with knowing her base color (blue agouti) and his (?) could tell you a lot more about what you're seeing in terms of tri babies.
Laigaie
Laigaie
Hopper
Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by thistlebrook Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:10 am

Wow cool! Can't wait to see pics.
thistlebrook
thistlebrook
Hopper
Hopper

http://tbr.thistlebrook.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tinyhartmouseries Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:19 pm

Here is a photo update of the weird babies. They are going through a crazy popcorn phase, so I had to keep it short. They must get that from their dad...I can't tell you when the last crazy litter I had was! Laughing

I think that I do indeed have some tris!
Here's the little weird girl. This seems like some kind of Agouti dilute tri to me. Very faintly marked, but I do see a third color in person.
RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here! - Page 2 100_2846
Here's about what all the boys look like. These are tri too-though I've no idea what dilute-help?
RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here! - Page 2 100_2853
RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here! - Page 2 100_2856

The girl "ivory" appears to have spots, in the very lightest dilute shade you could imagine. I could not even get a good picture.

The little spotted doe is indeed a dark agouti with a very dark dorsal stripe area running through the spots, almost black.
RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here! - Page 2 100_2850
RENA and THISTLE! The Tris are Here! - Page 2 100_2857
tinyhartmouseries
tinyhartmouseries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2